Sunday 28 November 2010

Winter Wonderland

When I awoke at 8am this morning, this is the view that greeted me.


Beautiful! ...Well that is unless you had planned on making a 6 hour journey to the other end of the country sometime today. I knew it was bad news when they scheduled the Irish Intercounty cross country championships for Derry, and I knew that after spending the past two months close to the equator that the Irish weather was going to be a bit of a shock to the system, but I never though that it would be snow that would prevent me from making it to the championships this time around. I have missed these championships with injury or illness for 5 of the last 6 years now, and feeling in great form all week I was looking forward to toeing the line this year. Most of all I was excited to see how easy the race would feel after last weekend's slog. Ah well, somethings just can't be helped. There will be other years I guess. For now I'll just have to get used to running around in the snow and hope that it clears enough for me to get out of Wexford sometime soon. I love the place, but I hate being stuck anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment